Yoga offers incredible practices to help those with migraines. But, if you’re like most migraineurs, you can’t just show up to any yoga class and expect to feel relief. Even gentle, restorative, and therapeutic classes can trigger migraines and make symptoms worse.
This is where Ease & Prevent Migraines: A Yogic Toolkit comes in. Compassionately created from extensive research, gentle yoga and yoga for trauma trainings, and years of struggling and working with chronic migraines, this program removes common triggers and puts together yoga based practices and poses specifically for supporting and healing those with migraines.
Discover your own toolkit of yoga based practices to improve circulation, reduce pain and stress, release muscular tension, and improve posture—all factors in migraines. Tune into your body to receive feedback and awareness with practices specifically designed for migraine prevention and relief!
If you’ve tried yoga previously, and haven’t had any luck, chances are the classes you took might not have been right for you if you’re prone to migraines.
If you’re a beginner and hesitant about trying yoga for the first time, don’t be. These practices are meant for all levels from beginning to advanced, and are extremely gentle. Don’t let the word ‘yoga’ make you nervous. It’s all about being present, finding your breath, and learning to move in ways that are supportive and healing to your body.
Courtney uses a gentle, mindful approach, geared to transform your relationship to your body and its experience of pain. Melt into this series to release tension and build your healing arsenal with mindfulness, pranayama, mudra, self-massage, meditation, preventative gentle yoga, restorative yoga, and homeopathic remedies.
This yogic toolkit is your resource to easing and preventing your migraines!
- 3 Video Series
- Video 1: Lecture
- The Four Phases of Migraines & catching them early
- Common Triggers
- Natural Remedies
- What to Include in Your Migraine Toolkit
- Video 2: Yoga Practice
- Full Gentle Yoga Preventive Practice
- Guided Tense & Release Practice
- Calming Pranayama Practices for Dizziness & Nausea (throughout videos)
- Video 3: Yoga Practice
- Full Restorative Yoga Practice for Managing Migraines
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Body Scan
- Guided Meditation for pain relief & when a migraine hits
- Video 1: Lecture
- PLUS a detailed e-book to refer to for workshop highlights including preventative tips, beneficial practices and what to do when you’re having a migraine
- Purchase gives you unlimited online access to download the e-book and stream the lecture and practice videos anytime. Ease and prevent your migraines from the comfort of your own home!
Program is available digitally here and via DVD. For the DVD version, click here.
Filmed by Yoga Vista Academy. Presented by Gentle Yoga Teacher & Migraine Sufferer Courtney Amber Kilian.
**Link directs to Yoga Vista, where the full series can be purchased or viewed under the subscription option.**